In our museum, you can see rare artifacts from the Lincoln assassination, follow Lincoln’s presidency and learn about the conspiracy.
The site of President Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.
Visit Ford’s Theatre and step back in time. While at our historic site, you will learn about the events of April 14, 1865, and the lasting impact of Lincoln’s assassination on our nation. We are a popular Washington, D.C., tourist destination and welcome more than 650,000 visitors a year.
Ford’s Theatre presents live theatre on stage regularly, so our daily visit schedule varies. See what is currently on stage.
tips for your visit
- Every visitor needs a ticket.
- We have timed-entry every half hour. Museum and theatre are not included in every ticket.
- An entire site visit lasts ~2 hours.
- March-July is our busy season. To guarantee tickets, reserve in advance.
- Same-day tickets are limited. Box Office opens at 8:30 a.m.
- The Petersen House will be closed January-February 2019 for continued preservation work.