Ticket Service Manager
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a full-time Ticket Services Manager to join its team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions and generous paid leave policies.
The Ticket Services Manager leads and works as part of the Ticket Services team at Ford’s Theatre Society to provide a high level of customer service to all audiences, staff and other constituents as related to ticketing for visitation, programs and productions. The Ticket Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the ticket services office is properly staffed and functioning. The ticket services manager serves as the primary ticketing contact for senior management and external parties.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Manages all ticketing operations, including but not limited to, ensuring adequate, well-trained staffing, troubleshooting or escalating IT issues as appropriate, tracking supply inventory and ensuring space is safe and organized for optimal workflow.
- With the Assistant Ticket Service Managers, fulfill internal department ticketing requests, such as complimentary or discounted tickets for VIP patrons, press, company and staff.
- Responsible for an inclusive hiring process and successful onboarding, training, evaluation, feedback and development for Ticket Services team members.
- Acts as main point-of-contact for departments with box office-related Tessitura needs, such as extracting lists and reports, tracking transactions and attendance and troubleshooting accounts and orders. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting Production with royalty reports, National Park Service with attendance numbers and Development with grant applications.
- Works closely with Patron Services Associate Director to ensure customer service policies and procedures are followed and practiced uniformly across all front-of-house teams. Participates in customer service, accessibility, and other team trainings as requested and necessary.
- Upholds ticketing policies and procedures while developing improved processes to optimize accuracy and streamline customer service requests.
- Manages relationships, training materials, and invoice requests with call center, audio guides and other vendors.
- Manages inventories at the recommendation of Marketing Director for third-party ticket vendors such as TodayTix, Goldstar and others. Ensures accurate revenue reconciliation for these sales.
- Responsible for the security and accounting of box office petty cash fund.
- Participates in website and database testing, and monitors all on-sales to ensure website purchase path is working optimally.
- Attends and participates in Marketing and Tessitura User Group team meetings, and others as required. Participates at conferences and career development events as a representative of Ford’s Theatre as needed.
- Assists Digital Content Manager and Database Administrator with website edits and custom form updates through TNEW administration portal.
- With the Director of Marketing and Communications, suggests, develops and implements sales promotions.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant events, schedules, historic site activities and visitation projections. Communicates necessary event information to ticket services staff.
- Maintains a department environment that respects and celebrates diversity in each other and of our patrons and the rest of the staff.
- Provides the highest level of customer service and patron relations through excellent verbal and written communications.
- Required to see at least one performance or final dress rehearsal of each production as early in the run as possible (excludes repeat productions, such as One Destiny, A Christmas Carol).
- Regularly works directly with the public and associates.
- Understand and adhere to high customer service standards for self and rest of ticketing staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of box office or similar ticketing experience.
- High school diploma with exceptional communication and basic math skills.
- Supervisory experience in an arts, cultural, retail or similar setting.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience and competency with ticketing and database or similar software, Tessitura is preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced Tessitura or database setup is a plus.
- Must be cheerful, team-spirited, organized, detail-oriented and efficient.
- Must have knowledge of and deliver high levels of customer service as well as maintain the same levels for the ticketing staff.
- Some evening, weekend and holiday work required.
- Ability to work in a busy shared office environment.
Salary: $53,000 per year
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.