Ticket Services Associate
The Ticket Services Associate works as part of the Ticket Services team at Ford's Theatre to provide a high level of customer service to all audiences and staff as related to ticketing for visitation, programs, and productions.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The box office is open 363 days per year, closing only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Availability around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays is required. Availability for regular weekend shifts (Saturdays and/or Sundays) is also required. Shifts are typically between 5-7 hours and can begin as early as 8am and end as late as 8:15pm. Associates are expected to consistently have a minimum of 4 shifts a week available, including at least one weekend shift.
- Work closely and efficiently as part of team with front-of-house staff including but not limited to, Visitor Services, House Management, National Park Service staff, and volunteers.
- Disseminate complete and accurate site visitation information both in person and on the phone.
- Sell tickets for mainstage performances, daytime advance tickets, guided tours, and all other Ford’s Theatre events.
- Responsible for distribution and intake of audio tour devices.
- Maintain an orderly and accurate cash bag and prepare batch reports at end of shift.
- Maintain a secure physical and digital environment for financial transactions.
- Process customer transactions accurately, courteously and efficiently as a member of the front-of-house team.
- Remain up to date on ticketing system information including processes and discounts available.
- Stay up-to-date on events and schedules of Ford’s Theatre Society and historic site programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous box office experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to be punctual, completely present, and focus on the job at hand.
- Work as part of a team in a very busy environment with occasional stress.
- Ability to consistently work a minimum of 4 shifts per week (including at least 1 weekend shift), as well as some federal holidays.
- Must be cheerful, team-spirited, organized, detail-oriented with strong organization and communication skills.