Ticket Services Associate
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society, a location steeped in culture, history, and the performing arts is hiring part-time Ticket Services Associates to join its box office team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Ticket Services Associates work as part of the Ticket Services team at Ford’s Theatre to provide a high level of customer service to all audiences and staff as related to ticketing for visitation, programs, and productions. The Ticket Services Associate ensures all patrons are properly ticketed to enter the site as well as makes patrons aware of programming and services, amenities, and helps ensure a secure box office and lobby environment.
- Works closely and efficiently as part of the operations team that also includes Visitor Services, House Management, National Park Service staff, guards and volunteers, to create and maintain an inclusive, welcoming, and service oriented environment.
- When opening, has box office clean and ready for visitors beginning when the doors unlock at 8:30 a.m. When closing, ensures box office is clean and secure before departing.
- Provides complete and accurate site visitation information to patrons.
- Processes customer transactions accurately, courteously, and efficiently for mainstage performances, daytime advance tickets, audio tour device rentals, guided tours, and all other Ford’s Theatre events and services.
- Answers general questions about the historic site, surrounding area, and provides recommendations on other places to visit.
- Assists patrons with ticketing transactions, including obtaining proper authorization when necessary and noting patron account.
- Upsells, distributes, and receives audio tour devices during daytime visits.
- Maintains a secure, orderly, and accurate cash bag and prepares batch reports at end of shift.
- Maintains, and operates in, a secure physical and digital environment for financial transactions observing all financial control procedures in place.
- Stays up to date with Managers’ updates on new procedures, ticket promotions, all relevant events, schedules, historic site activities, and visitation projects.
- Follows safety and security protocols and reports out-of-the-ordinary behavior or activities to management.
- Maintains a friendly, approachable demeanor and prioritizes attention to patrons.
- Recommended to see at least one performance of each production whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated customer service experience or skills.
- Willingness and ability to work scheduled shifts, arriving punctually and ready to work at scheduled time.
- Work as part of a team in a very busy environment.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work required.
- Must be cheerful, team-spirited, organized, detail-oriented with strong organization and communication skills.
- Experience or an interest in the arts, culture, or history is preferred.
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.