Seasonal Group Sales Associate
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society is looking for a Seasonal Group Sales Associate to join its team. Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Seasonal Group Sales Associate can expect to work 20-30 hours per week from September through November and February through May. During other periods there may be 4-20 hours required per week. This job is classified as part-time (seasonal) and is non-exempt.
The basic function of the job is to assist groups of 10 or more to plan their visit to Ford’s Theatre. The associate is responsible for client correspondence from initial contact to through the actual visit including sending invoices, processing payments, and maintaining clear, accurate records of group activity. The associate works as part of a team to uphold Ford’s Theatre Society values, provide high levels of customer service, efficiently process orders, communicate clearly with clients, and be a major part of a group’s experience to visit Ford’s Theatre.
- Actively participate in Ford’s Theatre Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of new resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for booking tickets for groups of 10 or more for theatrical programming, historic site visits, and other activities where group incentives are offered, while ensuring All account updates that are received or known are made in an accurate and timely fashion. This includes but may not be limited to processing the order, generating invoices, and processing payments.
- As requested or necessary, assist group leaders with travel planning, recommending area restaurants, attractions and directions---while providing excellent customer service.
- Processing timely, accurate and informative responses to incoming Group Sales and general information phone calls, emails and faxes.
- Using initiative but also when directed, research and identify prospective new groups and initiate outreach via email or phone.
- Maintain positive and open communication with all departments in the organization to ensure successful group visits to performances, historic site visits and other events.
- Working with the education department, process electronic distribution of study guides and other education materials to group leaders prior to visit.
- When directed, distribute sales and promotional materials to area sites, groups, and prospective visitors.
- Participate in planning and implementation of special projects and special events as requested.
- Actively participate in team/departmental meetings.
- Provide input and ideas to help ensure group visits to Ford’s are welcoming and inclusive of diverse audiences and reflect Ford’s values and dedication to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work with front line staff to assist in any issues or escalated issues that arise during a group’s visit.
- Maintain an understanding of the site, interpretive plan, visitor flow, and give prospective client tours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate thoughts and ideas clearly in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication skills via telephone, e-mail correspondence and in person.
- Interest in museums, history, tourism and/or theatre.
- Experience or familiarity with ticketing, inventory management, CRM or database software. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Experience providing excellent customer service or experience working in a marketing, sales, or communications environment.
- Previous experience in tourism/hospitality or in a ticketing or reservation management role is a plus.
- Comfort using internet for research and using Microsoft office programs.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org