Seasonal Group Sales Associate
Ford’s Theatre Society is searching for a part-time Seasonal Group Sales Associate to join its team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Seasonal Group Sales Associate works during the busiest seasons which are typically March – July/September – November and is responsible for assisting groups of 10 or more plan their visit to Ford’s Theatre. The associate works as part of the Group Sales team to provide outstanding customer service and act as the first point of contact for groups experience to visit Ford’s Theatre.
- Responsible for ticketing groups of 10 or more while ensuring customer accounts remain accurate and up to date.
- Assist with group travel planning, recommending area restaurants, attractions and directions---while providing excellent customer service.
- Assist with incoming Group Sales and general information phone calls, emails and faxes.
- Receive and process group ticketing requests, contracts, deposits, and payments.
- Occasionally research and identify prospective new groups and initiate outreach via email or phone.
- Maintain positive and open communication with appropriate departments in the organization to ensure successful group visits to performances, historic site visits and other events.
- Assist in electronic distribution of study guides and other education materials prior to visit.
- Opportunities to participate in planning and implementation of special projects and special events (some nights and weekends).
- Participate in team/departmental meetings.
- Work with front line staff and give prospective client tours
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills via telephone, e-mail correspondence and in person.
- Passion for museums, history, tourism and/or theatre a plus.
- Previous experience executing ticket orders in a ticketing database preferred. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- At least one year in customer service and/or marketing/communications
- Experience working in a box office or group sales environment is preferred. Previous experience in tourism/hospitality a plus.
- High level of comfort using internet and Microsoft office tools.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org