Ford’s Theatre Society seeks a Production Assistant to work as part of the Stage Management team for the 2017-2018 Season. The Production Assistant assists the team in performing tasks required for the rehearsal and performance processes. All members of the team attend meetings, rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Creation of costume, prop, and other paperwork, based on individual show needs
- Creation of tracking documentation
- Set up and break down rehearsal for all rehearsals
- Set up and run props and costumes for rehearsals
- Assist actors as necessary
- Provide general communication between the creative team and theatre staff
- Provide information and guidance to run crew
- Provide coordination and communication with members of the young cast as required by specific show needs.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team in a very busy, and often stressful, environment
- Previous stage management experience