Start of content
Ford’s Theatre seeks a Production Assistant to serve as part of the Stage Management staff for Ford’s Theatre’s 2021-2022 Season. They assist the staff in performing tasks required for the rehearsal and performance processes. All members of the staff attend meetings, rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances.
Position starts on or about August 16, 2021.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Attend all meetings, rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances as called.
2. Assist the AEA Stage Manager and AEA Assistant Stage Manager in performing assigned tasks required to support the rehearsal and performance process, including, but not limited to:
- Creation of costume, prop, and other technical paperwork
- Creation of schedules
- Track and distribute script changes
- Run lines with actors and take line notes
- Set up and break down rehearsal for all rehearsals
- Set up and run props/costumes for rehearsals
- Provide general communication between the rehearsal process, theatre staff, and creative team
- Provide information and guidance to run crew
3. Provide coordination and communication with members of the young cast as required by specific production needs.
4. Maintain and promote a clean and safe working environment in all areas occupied by Ford’s Theatre Society.
5. Perform any related duties as required by the Stage Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent coordination and computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to work as part of a team in a very busy, and often stressful, environment
- Previous stage management experience
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend and reach to retrieve and move costumes/props
- Routine lifting of 30-50 pounds
- $650 per week, eligible for overtime and health benefits
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and references to Sarah Hewitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Production Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.