Marketing and Social Media Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Director of Communications and Marketing, works closely with: Director of Communications and Digital Strategy
Classification: Non Exempt
Basic Function: Leads the creation and implementation of the organization's social media strategy. Assists with creation and implementation of advertising, direct marketing, e-marketing and promotional campaigns related to the theatre, historic site, education and development. Assists with soliciting media and businesses for sponsorship, cross-promotion and trade agreements.
- With Director of Communications and Digital Strategy and Associate Director of Communications and Marketing, assist with creation of advertising campaigns and strategies
- Write copy for ads (print, radio, television, digital) and other promotional material
- Purchase advertising (print, radio, television and digital)
- Assist with updating internal ad schedule with correct deadlines and specs
- Solicit media partners
- Solicit cross-promotion partners (such as museums and cultural peers)
- Work with Group Sales Manager and Development staff to identify and develop restaurant partners.
- With Programming staff, assist in planning and executing audience engagement events (including Generation Abe nights and artist Meet and Mingle events)
Direct Mail and E-Marketing
- Serve as a Tessitura Super User, staying up-to-date with the database’s marketing functionality and how it can best be used to target marketing campaigns
- Assist with pulling internal database lists for direct mail, digital and email campaigns
- Negotiate external list trade agreements for direct mail
- Create, maintain, monitor and analyze the organization’s social media content calendar and strategies, serving as primary lead on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Report metrics, key performance indicators and tracking reports for social media initiatives
- Write original social media copy that engages fans around historic site content, communicates donor impact/benefits, raises profile of education programming and drives ticket sales
- Develop and plan social influencer outreach efforts, including TweetUps and Instameets
- Serve as Social Media Committee chairperson, developing monthly editorial calendar with cross-departmental Social Media Committee and with education department liaison for @FordsEdu Twitter handle
- Oversee and manage Social Media Ambassadors program
- Assist Education department with management of @FordsEdu Twitter handle
- Evaluate potential new social media platforms and make recommendations as to how they may or may not fit in with institutional priorities
- Monitor online feedback, drafting responses, when necessary or appropriate, to reviews and comments on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Business, TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.
- Recommend and implement strategies for achieving Website Content Accessibility Standards in social media content
- Track ROI for direct mail, advertising and e-marketing campaigns
- Create patron feedback surveys and coordinate survey links with visitor services staff; serve as Marketing liaison to Audience Survey Team
- Assist with building patron information into Tessitura database
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Demonstrated success in online content development and social media management. Experience in a communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism environment or related educational experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual formats.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively, accept feedback and provide solutions
- Experience using major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Knowledge of social media analytics, algorithms and management tools such as TweetDeck or Hootsuite.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus.
- Passion for history or the performing arts a plus.
- Experience in media buying, promotions and ticketing databases is a plus.