Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society (FTS) is hiring a Head Electrician that is the hands-on lighting programmer/technical position for the organization. The Head Electrician will take the lead in the creation, installation, maintenance, and execution of all technical aspects of the lighting systems and lighting designs for the Ford’s Theatre Society’s programming.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization
- Prepares all paperwork necessary for the implementation of lighting design, including any rental equipment required. Hangs, focuses, strikes, and maintains conventional and automated lighting equipment
- Programs and runs light console for rehearsals, performances for all FTS programming
- Builds and installs show specific specialty lighting and special effects/atmospheric elements
- Collaborates with other production department stakeholders on the safe installation of set specific lighting, rigging and special effects
- Provide general technical labor for rehearsals, load-ins, work note sessions, and strikes
- Attend rehearsals, meetings (including departmental and staff), trainings and notes sessions as required
- Maintains and repairs lighting, special effects, and atmospherics equipment inventory, including software and firmware updates as necessary
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with Ford’s Theatre Society staff, visiting artists and outside vendors and contactors
- Adhere to, promote and support the Ford’s Theatre Society’s safety and company policies
- Demonstrated professional experience is required in theatrical electrics, various show control protocols, low voltage systems and wiring practices, electrical and electronics soldering
- Related experience in production video projection and Dataton Watchout or other media server software.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Per FTS/IATSE 22 agreement, for the 21-22 season $45.70/hour
Additional benefits under current agreement between FTS/IATSE Local 22 include overtime pay, vacation pay, paid sick leave, parking or transportation subsidy; and pension, annuity, and welfare contributions to respective IATSE 22 funds.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Email: cover letter and theatrical resume to: Nierra Mitchell Thornton at email@example.com.