Group Sales Manager
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society is hiring a Group Sales Manager as part of its Communications and Marketing team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and generous paid leave policies.
The Group Sales Manager’s primary functions are to supervise and collaborate with the group sales team to cultivate new, as well as maintain and grow existing, group relationships to reach annual department sales and outreach goals. The Group Sales Manager oversees group experiences with Ford’s Theatre from first inquiry through post-visit follow-up. They work closely with all other departments to ensure Group Sales goals align with those of the organization. The Group Sales Manager also serves as the main point of contact for key groups and programs.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage and perform a wide range of duties relating to ticket sales for groups, both internal and external – from initial contact with groups to post-visit follow-up.
- Supervise and train or arrange training for Group Sales Associates, including but not limited to overseeing daily operations, scheduling, conducting performance evaluation, resolving customer service issues, coaching, and prioritizing goals and responsibilities
- Support and assist Group Sales Associates in general administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Provide the highest level of customer service and patron relations during all interactions.
- Research and propose to the Director of Communications and Marketing, engagement strategies to connect with prospective new groups with an eye towards inclusivity and diversifying audiences, creating group sales marketing plans for all public programs, with a special emphasis on mainstage productions, following through with outreach and track response for all approved marketing plans.
- Communicate with Front of House and other departments to maintain effective and efficient policy and procedure for greeting, seating, and supervision of groups during their visit.
- Work together with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop, revise, and maintain Group Sales print and web materials with a specific focus on inclusivity as well as representing existing diversity in audiences and programs and increasing diversity audiences.
- Work with local and national tourism committees and organizations to raise awareness of Ford’s Theatre and promote public programming.
- Attend national tradeshows, conventions, and association meetings on behalf of Ford’s Theatre to position our multi-faceted experiences as a destination for tourists.
- Represent Group Sales and communicate group sales database and ticketing needs in the Tessitura Super Users Group.
- Serve as primary contact for the following:
- The Guild of Professional Tour Guides of DC
- Washington Area Concierge Association
- Surratt House Tour
- Private History on Foot tours
- Education Department Program ticket requests
- Work with the Social Media & Marketing Manager to formulate inclusive social media campaigns and advertising plan for group tour and travel each season reaching both mass market and niche markets that will expand the diversity of audiences.
- Propose and execute special discount programs for groups, particularly where we can bring new diverse and/or previously underserved audiences to the site. (Destination DC’s Show Your Badge program FIT Programs)
- Work with Social Media & Marketing Manager to identify and develop restaurant partners.
- Develop ways to continue to cultivate long-term loyal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work some flexible hours to be present or greet groups occasionally on evenings or weekends.
- Occasionally travel up to 5 days to attend conferences, trade shows and evening performances as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate thoughts and ideas clearly in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication skills via telephone, e-mail correspondence and in person.
- Interest in museums, history, tourism and/or theatre.
- Successful experience with ticketing, inventory management, CRM or database software. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service and experience working in a marketing, sales, or communications environment.
- Previous experience in tourism/hospitality or in a ticketing or reservation management role is a plus.
- Comfort using internet for research and using Microsoft office programs.
- Some effective supervisory experience required.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com