Group Sales Associate
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a full-time Group Sales Associate to join its Communications and Marketing team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and generous paid leave policies.
The Group Sales Associate is responsible for assisting groups of 10 or more plan their visit to Ford’s Theatre. The associate is responsible for client correspondence from initial contact to final payment, running reports, and maintaining clear, accurate records of group activity. The associate works as part of a team to provide great customer service, efficiently process orders, communicate clearly with clients, and be the first part of a groups experience to visit Ford’s Theatre.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for ticketing groups of 10 or more while ensuring customer accounts remain accurate and up to date.
- Assist with group travel planning, recommending area restaurants, attractions and directions---while providing excellent customer service.
- Assist with incoming Group Sales and general information phone calls, emails and faxes.
- Receive and process group ticketing requests, contracts, deposits, and payments.
- Occasionally researching to identify new markets and diversifying audiences.
- Maintain positive and open communication with appropriate departments in the organization to ensure successful group visits to performances, historic site visits and other events.
- Assist in electronic distribution of study guides and other education materials prior to visit.
- Distribute materials to area sites, groups, and targets.
- Opportunities to participate in planning and implementation of special projects and special events (some nights and weekends).
- Participate in team/departmental meetings.
- Work with front line staff and give prospective client tours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills via telephone, e-mail correspondence and in person.
- Passion for museums, history, tourism and/or theatre a plus.
- Previous experience executing ticket orders in a ticketing database preferred. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a customer service and/or marketing/communications environment.
- Experience working in a sales environment is preferred.
- Proficient in, internet and Microsoft office tools.
- Ability to listen empathetically and solve or propose solutions to problems.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Pay rate: $20 per hour
To apply, please send cover letter and resume email@example.com