Digital Content Manager
Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society is hiring a Digital Content Manager as part of its Communications and Marketing team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and generous paid leave policies.
The Digital Content Manager is an integral part of moving the institution’s digital initiatives forward to enhance the overall visitor experience both on site and online. The position supports Ford’s portfolio of digital offerings, including websites, mobile, email marketing, video content, digital signage and digital marketing. This position is part of envisioning the future of digital media and technology use for Ford’s Theatre and works collaboratively across departments to translate our live programming and onsite experience to an online environment.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Work closely with the Director, Communications and Marketing to assist in evaluating, developing and implementing a comprehensive digital strategy, to include websites, mobile applications and other emerging technologies, ensuring it is inclusive and represents the diversity of our patrons, audiences and programming.
- Advise and train a cross-departmental group on creating, managing and publishing appropriate content for the web and digital signage
- With the Director of Communications and Marketing, identify strategies that can reach new audiences in support of the organization
- Maintain and develop content on the Ford’s website and related digital content products (including video, enewsletters, podcasts and digital signage) in coordination with other staff and vendors, and with a continuous eye on inclusiveness and representation of diversity.
- Execute promotional and triggered email campaigns that drive revenue and enhance our institutional reputation, especially amongst new and underserved audiences
- Conceptualize and produce cross-departmental video content
- Assist the Communications and Marketing team with gathering insight and data to inform digital projects, KPIs and digital direction
- Collaborate on digital marketing ideation, needs and implementation under the direction of Director of Communications & Marketing
- Manage SEO strategy including Google Grants Adwords campaigns, monitoring keywords and optimizing the website
- Develop and test email content and strategies in support of interdepartmental needs
- Evaluate, advise and implement user interface solutions on an ongoing basis
- Support efforts to have all digital content meet Website Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Support design team with maintaining consistent branding standards across all digital platforms
- Develop, implement and analyze user evaluations including how well we are reaching and serving previously underserved potential patrons and users.
- With Director of Communications and Marketing, assist with managing external web vendor relationships
- Manage the digital graphic designer
High School diploma along with formal coursework or on the job training in communications, multi-media, digital media or digital communications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated ability to continue to learn and be informed of emerging technology and trends
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expertise in managing web and mobile content management systems like Drupal and Bigtree
- Demonstrated successful experience with video-editing platforms like Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Avid or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of PHP development and scripting language a plus
- Knowledge of SEO strategies and user-centered design
- Knowledge of Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience managing a YouTube channel
- Knowledge of major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Interest in history, culture, museums, or performing arts a plus.
Demonstrated track record of creativity, sourcing, strong technical capabilities, and multimedia -based content management. Success in managing a comprehensive content plan of high volume and quality of output to advance organizational objectives.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com