Ford’s Theatre is seeking a Campaign Associate to support its capital campaign efforts. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Campaign Associate will play a key role in supporting the overall success of a Ford’s Theatre campaign. The primary role will be to provide support to officers working on the campaign, draft correspondence and proposals, process pledges and gifts, and track and report progress. The Associate will work closely with the Director of Development, Development staff, Ford’s Theatre Director, Campaign Steering Committee and campaign consultants to help implement all campaign projects. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Participate in campaign prospect review meetings with the Director of Development and the development team
- Support the development of strategies, outlines, and talking points for cultivation and solicitation meetings and events
- Enter all campaign pledges/gifts into the Tessitura database and run campaign reports
- Prepare invoices, pledge letters, acknowledgements and/or receipts for all campaign gifts in a timely manner
- Provide support for the development officers working on the campaign - set up external meetings, draft correspondence/proposals, maintain accurate files, etc.
- Track and report progress against campaign goals/objectives
- Track stewardship and recognition for all campaign donors
- Oversee campaign reporting and updates for Board members and the Campaign Steering Committee
- Maintain a master campaign calendar, including cultivation and donor events
- Provide special event support as needed
- Track the submission of grant requests and other funding proposals for support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Demonstrated strong organization and time management skills
- Accuracy and solid attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong customer relations
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills
- Enthusiasm for the performing arts and/or history
- A minimum of two years of development or fundraising experience preferred
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Campaign Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.