We are expanding the Development team at Ford’s Theatre! The Associate Director of Corporate Relations will work closely with the Director of Development to actively drive fundraising efforts from corporate donors with a focus on $10,000 to $75,000 gifts. The Associate Director of Corporate Relations will serve as the primary steward and solicitor of a portfolio of approximately 150 corporate prospects and donors, and must be an experienced fundraiser and a self-directed team member who cultivates strong relationships with donors to deepen engagement and increase support. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of corporate prospects with a focus on soliciting gifts of $10,000 to $75,000. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors
- Manage the acquisition and renewal program for the Board of Governors, our corporate giving group
- Establish a pipeline for underwriter solicitations at the $75,000 level and above
- Primary staff liaison for the Board of Governors, our corporate giving group. Responsible for growing this key group of Ford’s Theatre supporters in collaboration with Director of Development and members of the Development Committee.
- Supervise Corporate Relations Manager
- Produce high quality written materials including proposals/reports, briefings, solicitations and corporate enewsletter
- Complete a target number of prospect/donor face-to-face visits (including discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) and solicitations each year
- Identify opportunities for large-scale gifts to Ford’s Theatre Society
- Identify and secure support for Ford’s Theatre Annual Gala and other events
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of the theatrical and educational programs, Civil War/Lincoln history, and overall funding priorities in order to effectively connect donors and prospects to the work of Ford’s Theatre
- Conduct tours of the Ford’s Theatre Campus for donors and prospects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Five years or more of corporate or major gift experience. Experience working with government affairs offices a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Successful track record working with boards, donors, the public and staff
- Experience carrying a prospect portfolio and record of successfully strategizing to meet financial goals
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices, standards and ethics
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Enthusiasm for the performing arts, education and/or history
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations” in the subject line. No phone calls please. E/E/O