Assistant Ticket Services Manager
Start of content
Assistant Ticket Services Manager
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and generous paid leave policies.
The Assistant Ticket Services Manager works as part of the Ticket Services team at Ford’s Theatre to provide a high level of customer service to all audiences and staff as related to ticketing for visitation, programs, and productions. The Assistant Ticket Services Manager often works directly with the public, patrons, and ticket services associates, particularly during productions, and helps ensure all ticketing staff adhere to procedures and policies. The Assistant Ticket Services Manager serves as the manager in charge when the Manager is not present and supports the Ticket Services Manager in functions such as scheduling, hiring and evaluating associates, database work, handling escalated customer service requests, and maintaining an optimal workflow in the box office.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Spends time working directly with guests, such as performing ticket transactions, answering questions, problem solving, and distributing audio devices.
- Supports the Ticket Services Manager in the hiring and training of Ticket Services Associates.
- Supervises Ticket Services Associates to ensure customer service policies are followed and ensures the working environment is safe and secure for patrons and staff. Manages the Ticket Services staff schedule and ensures all shifts have adequate coverage for business needs.
- Fulfills internal department ticketing requests, such as helping arrange comps or discounted tickets for VIP patrons, press, company and staff comps/discounts, and third-party vendor promotions when needed.
- Resolves escalated customer service issues in a timely, empathetic, and professional manner.
- Manages ticket pick-up prior to performance start times.
- Works with and responds quickly and efficiently to House Management and Visitor Services teams to assist with patron interactions and last-minute ticketing requests and troubleshooting.
- Maintains open communications with Group Sales to ensure high levels of service to visiting groups.
- Compiles a daily report for all box office management regarding new and outstanding issues that include but are not limited to staffing, office supplies/hardware, and to-do items.
- Contributes to and maintains a department environment that supports an enthusiastic front-line team and a good working rapport with organizational management and other departments.
- Assists and serves as backup to the Manager in providing Tessitura reports to other departments.
- Supports the Ticket Services Manager with event builds in Tessitura which could include proofing for accuracy.
- Stays up to date and keeps associates informed on all relevant events, schedules, historic site activities, and visitation projects
- Maintains secure digital and physical environments for financial transactions and patron information sharing.
- Securely prepares cash donations and cash from transactions for bank deposit. Makes cash deposits at local bank branch.
- Assists with organizational mail/package reception and notifications.
- With Ticket Services Associates, upsells, distributes and receives audioguide devices during daytime visitation.
- Maintains audioguide devices and racks, and reports inventory damages or discrepancies to Manager.
- Attends and participates in regular Marketing & Communications Team meetings, and other departmental or all-staff meetings as required.
- Participates in conferences and career development events as a representative of Ford’s Theatre as needed.
- Must see at least one performance or final dress rehearsal of each production as early in the run as possible (excludes repeat productions, such as One Destiny, A Christmas Carol).
- Follows safety and security protocols and reports out-of-the-ordinary behavior or activities to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of box office or similar reservation management experience.
- Supervisory experience in an arts, culture, or retail setting preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience or strong familiarity with ticketing or similar inventory management or CRM software; Tessitura preferred.
- Must be cheerful, team-spirited, detail-oriented, efficient and adaptable to changing situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to listen, empathize, and problem-solve.
- Must be able to provide superior customer service by phone, email, and in-person, and be capable of maintaining a congenial rapport with patrons.
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, independently when necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a busy shared office environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that could include covering shifts for staff call-offs or no-shows.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
$40,000 per year
Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit in the portal below.