Start of content
Ford’s Theatre Society (FTS) is hiring three Assistant Stagehands that are responsible for assisting and collaborating in the creation, installation, maintenance, and execution of all technical aspects of the scenery, lighting, automation, video, sound, special effect/atmospheric elements of the theatrical designs.
- Actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization
- Provides labor as run crew and understudies run crew positions for assigned shows
- Provide general technical labor for rehearsals, load-ins, work note sessions, and strikes
- Attend rehearsals, meetings (including departmental and staff), trainings and notes sessions as required
- Maintain and initiate repair of equipment.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with FTS staff, visiting artists and outside vendors and contactors
- Adhere to, promote and support the Ford’s Theatre Society’s safety and company policies
- Demonstrated professional experience is required in theatrical electrics, carpentry, stage rigging, audio systems.
- Related experience in production video projection and scenery automation.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Per FTS/IATSE 22 agreement, for the 21-22 season $43.42/hour
Additional benefits under current agreement between FTS/IATSE Local 22 include overtime pay, vacation pay, paid sick leave, parking or transportation subsidy; and pension, annuity, and welfare contributions to respective IATSE 22 funds.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Email: cover letter and theatrical resume to: Nierra Mitchell Thornton at email@example.com.