Assistant House Manager
Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a part-time Assistant House Manager to work as part of the house management team for performances of A Christmas Carol and special events at Ford’s Theatre. Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, efficient, energetic, and outgoing in order to provide excellent overall customer service to patrons and ensure patron safety and comfort. A production season at Ford’s Theatre runs from September – May, with shows ranging 4-6 weeks in run time, typically 6 days per week with evening and matinee performances.
Candidates must be available for weekday matinees and around the holidays November 21st through January 1st with the potential to extend.
- Greet and assist visitors before, during and after all Ford’s Theatre performances.
- Work closely and efficiently with box office, gift shop and volunteer ushers to ensure a safe and service-oriented environment.
- Adhere to Ford’s Theatre Society high standards of Customer Service.
- Address visitor concerns appropriately and with patience.
- Provide accurate information and direction to patrons.
- Complete opening and closing front of house procedures for every performance.
- Resolve patron seating and other issues.
- Responsible for providing clear directions to patrons using the Ford’s Theatre space and ensure safety.
- Adhere to patron emergency and fire alarm protocols.
- Minimum 1 year in customer service or front of house experience.
- Self-Starter and fast learner in fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Work as part of a team in a very busy environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and able to learn new programs.
- Ability to work minimum of 18 hours per week.
- Patience, flexibility and ability to multi task.
- Must be available weekends, weekdays and some holidays.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com