Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a part-time Assistant House Manager for weekday, weeknight and weekend performances at Ford’s Theatre. Candidates must be detail-oriented, efficient, energetic, and outgoing in order to provide excellent overall customer service to patrons. Productions typically run 4 – 6 weeks, Tuesday – Saturday evenings with some weekday and weekend matinees.
- Greet and assist visitors before, during and after all Ford’s Theatre performances.
- Work closely and efficiently with box office, gift shop and volunteer ushers to ensure a safe and service oriented environment.
- Adhere to Ford’s Theatre Society high standards of Customer Service.
- Address visitor concerns appropriately and with patience.
- Provide accurate information and direction to patrons.
- Complete opening and closing front of house procedures for every performance.
- Resolve patron seating and other issues.
- Responsible for providing clear directions to patrons using the Ford’s Theatre space and ensure safety.
- Adhere to patron emergency and fire alarm protocols.
- Minimum 1 year in customer service or front of house experience
- Self-Starter and fast learner in fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Work as part of a team in a very busy environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and able to learn new programs.
- Ability to work minimum of 18 hours per week.
- Patience, flexibility and ability to multi task.
- Must be available weekends, weekdays and some holidays.