In our museum, you can see rare artifacts from the Lincoln assassination, follow Lincoln’s presidency and learn about the conspiracy.
The site of President Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.
Visit Ford’s Theatre and step back in time. While at our historic site, you will learn about the events of April 14, 1865, and the lasting impact of Lincoln’s assassination on our nation. We are a popular Washington, D.C., tourist destination and welcome more than 650,000 visitors a year.
Ford’s Theatre presents live theatre on stage regularly, so our daily visit schedule varies.
tips for your visit
- Open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with timed-entry every half hour.
- Every visitor needs a ticket.
- Schedule varies. Some entry times do not include all four parts of the site.
- A visit to the entire site takes approximately 2 hours.
- Book tickets in advance to get the best availability.
- Tickets are free in-person. Tickets reserved online include a reservation fee of $3 per ticket.