Our Sensory-Friendly performances aim to provide a safe environment where individuals and families can relax and be who they are.
Sensory-Friendly performances are designed to create a theatre experience that is welcoming for individuals on the autism spectrum or those with other sensory sensitivities who might benefit from an adjusted environment.
Our next Sensory-Friendly performance will be on Saturday, May 11 at 2 p.m. for Into the Woods. If you would like to receive on-sale information about this performance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets go on sale February 11 at 10 a.m. by calling 202-347-4833, option 7.
Adaptations for these performances may include:
- Pre-visit social narrative and other preparatory materials describing what to expect.
- Lower sound level, especially for surprising or loud sounds;
- House lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance;
- Lessening of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are welcome to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Designated take-a-break space and quiet areas;
- Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds at Ford’s Theatre during the day and timing of the performance;
- Ford’s Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patron’s needs; and
- Allowance for the use of tablets and smartphones for communication.
- Sensory-friendly dedicated seating.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.