Our Sensory-Friendly performances aim to provide a safe environment where individuals and families can relax and be who they are.
Sensory-Friendly performances are designed to create a theatre experience that is welcoming for individuals on the autism spectrum or those with other sensory sensitivities who might benefit from an adjusted environment.
We will announce the schedule for our 2019-2020 sensory-friendly performances in August 2019.
Adaptations for these performances may include:
- Pre-visit social narrative and other preparatory materials describing what to expect.
- Lower sound level, especially for surprising or loud sounds;
- House lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance;
- Lessening of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are welcome to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Designated take-a-break space and quiet areas;
- Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds at Ford’s Theatre during the day and timing of the performance;
- Ford’s Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patron’s needs; and
- Allowance for the use of tablets and smartphones for communication.
- Sensory-friendly dedicated seating.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.