In our museum, explore exhibits about the Civil War and Lincoln’s presidency. View artifacts from the assassination conspiracy.
Plan a historic site visit to learn about the events of April 14, 1865, and the lasting impact of Lincoln’s assassination on our nation.
We offer discounts when booking a group of 10 or more and a free tickets program for qualifying schools (max 40 tickets per trip). To qualify for free tickets, your school must be a:
- D.C. Public School, D.C. Chartered Public School; or
- D.C., Maryland and Virginia Title 1 school or school with 40% or more student eligible for FARMs; or
- Title 1 school or school with 40% or more students eligible for FARMS outside the D.C. metro area
Tips For Your Visit:
- Every visitor needs a ticket.
- We have timed entry, every half hour. Museum and theatre are not included in every ticket. The Petersen House will be closed Dec. 25, 2017-June 2018 for preservation work.
- An entire site visit lasts ~2 hours.
- March-July are our busiest seasons. To guarantee tickets, reserve in advance.
- Age recommendation are for Grades 3 and up. Guns and knives are among the featured artifacts in the museum.
If you have questions, please contact our Education Department.