During The Catherine B. Reynolds Foundation Civil War Washington program, join up to 25 teachers to learn about Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass and the city of Washington during the Civil War!
When: Sunday, July 8 through Friday July 13, 2018
Cost: National boarders, $500
Scholarships Available: Apply
Application Deadline: April 2, 2018
What to Expect:
- Travel: Air travel is provided through American Airlines for participants traveling from outside the commutable Washington, D.C. area.
- Housing: Hotel accommodations will be arranged for participants traveling from outside the commutable Washington, D.C., area. Participants receiving hotel accommodations will be paired in shared rooms. Participants receiving hotel accommodations will be housed at the Willard InterContinental Hotel
- Daily Transportation: Bus transportation will be provided between the hotel and program locations each day.
- Meals: Light breakfast and lunch are provided each day for all participants. Dinner is provided for the Sunday evening opening session. Participants are responsible for all other meals.
- Accessibility: The program is an active exploration of Washington D.C. that includes several miles of walking daily and requires use of historic steps. If you have questions or concerns about mobility and accessibility please email us email@example.com
- Certificate: Upon successful completion of the program participants will receive a certificate stating that they completed 37 contact hours.
The $500 fee supports hotel and air travel for National-boarder participants.