Speak Truth Fellowship
Are you a Secondary Teacher who is passionate about elevating youth voices? Apply today to be a Speak Truth Fellow!
The Speak Truth Fellowship is a year-long program for secondary teachers grounded in the evidence-based methodologies of Inspired Teaching and Ford’s Theatre. Fellows learn how to foster lively and insightful student-led seminars on issues that matter by building improvisation, inquiry, oratory, and performance skills.
What do Speak Truth Fellows do?
• Engage in a 3-day rejuvenating, relevant, and hands-on Institute June 28-30, 9AM - 3PM at Paul Public Charter School | 5800 8th St NW, WDC 20011 (Lunch provided daily.)
• Take home an Inspired Teaching Speak Truth Guidebook and Ford's Theatre's classroom Oratory Posters.
• Plan and implement 3 Speak Truth seminars with your students during the 2022-2023 school year.
• Receive a $500 stipend and a certificate for 30 hours of professional learning.
• Share your practice with others through a series of optional professional development opportunities.
Space is limited and preference will be given to educators who work within Washington, DC.