Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site (Museum, Theatre, Petersen House) and the Center for Education and Leadership will be closed to the public on Friday, May 22, and Sunday, May 31. In addition, Tuesday, May 26 – Saturday, May 30, the museum and theatre will be closed to the public, while the Petersen House and Center for Education and Leadership will remain open.
The John T. Ford Society
Participate in the life of the theatre—then and now!
You can experience Ford’s Theatre as an insider with the John T. Ford Society. Named for the founder of the theatre, the John T. Ford Society brings together individuals who are passionate about culture and history.
Members enjoy exclusive events, personal service and behind-the-scenes access in thanks for their crucial support of $1,000 or more per year.
Please contact us at (202) 434-9545 or by email with any questions.
All members of the John T. Ford Society receive:
- Invitations to exclusive events just for members of the John T. Ford Society
- Ability to purchase the best seats to all productions at Ford’s Theatre (including A Christmas Carol) on a priority basis
- Direct access to the John T. Ford Society membership liaison to buy or exchange theatre tickets, reserve museum tickets and answer questions
- Recognition in production programs and on our website
- Advance invitation to purchase tickets to the annual Ford's Theatre presidential gala weekend
- Advance notice of performances, programs and public events at Ford’s Theatre
- Individual Friends of Ford’s Theatre gift membership to share with a friend or loved one (upon request)
- Six passes to acclaimed living history play One Destiny (upon request)
- Limited-edition Ford’s Theatre calendar
- Concession vouchers to enjoy a complimentary drink or snack at Ford’s performances
- 10% discount at Ford's Theatre gift shops
- Reserved seating at member events
- Subscription to bi-annual printed newsletter and monthly e-news
With an annual gift of $5,000 or more, you will enjoy all of the core benefits, plus:
- Invitation to attend one of the events during the annual Ford's Theatre gala weekend (subject to availability)
- Invitation to attend the VIP Opening Night performance and post-show reception with the cast for an additional production (three total)
- Ability to exchange VIP Opening Night tickets for a different performance of the same show
- All of the benefits of the Visionary level
With an annual gift of $2,500 to $4,999, you will enjoy all of the core benefits, plus:
- Invitation to attend the VIP Opening Night performance and post-show reception with the cast for an additional production (two total)
- Customizable private tour of the theatre, museum, Petersen House and/or Center for Education and Leadership for up to ten guests (by appointment)
- Invitation to an exclusive group event, such as a technical tour, exhibition tour or behind-the-scenes tour
- All of the benefits of the Patron level
With an annual gift of $1,000 to $2,499, you will enjoy all of the core benefits, plus:
- Invitation to a VIP Opening Night performance and post-show reception with the cast
- Invitations to two dress rehearsals
- Invitation to the annual John T. Ford Society reception hosted by the Director
See the John T. Ford Society Brochure.
Pay by Mail
If you prefer not to join or renew online, you can also mail a check or credit card payment. Please send the response form and payment to Attn: John T. Ford Society, Ford's Theatre Society, 514 Tenth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004. Click here to download a membership form.
Double your impact, double your benefits! Many companies match donations, including membership dues. Your membership benefits will be automatically upgraded to the level of your gift plus the matching contribution. Click here for more information.
You can join the John T. Ford Society for as little as $83.33 per month by committing to a recurring gift. Membership dues can be paid monthly or quarterly. On the online donation form, enter the amount of each installment under "Other Amount" and choose the frequency of your gift, or call us at (202) 434-9545 for assistance. Click here to join now.
The tax deductible portion of your membership is the gift amount less the Fair Market Value (FMV) of benefits provided. The FMV of benefits at the Luminary level is $575, the FMV of the Visionary level is $375 and the FMV of the Patron level is $200.
Photo of Ford's Theatre by Maxwell MacKenzie.