The John T. Ford Society
The John T. Ford Society … the life of the theatre!
Named for the founder of Ford's Theatre, the John T. Ford Society brings together individuals passionate about the programmatic and artistic excellence of Ford’s.
Members enjoy exclusive events and behind-the-scenes access in thanks for their crucial support of $1,000 or more per year.
Please contact us at (202) 434-9545 or by email with any questions.
All members of the John T. Ford Society receive:
- Invitations to exclusive events just for members of the John T. Ford Society
- Ability to purchase the best seats to all productions at Ford’s Theatre (including A Christmas Carol), which are not on sale to the public
- Direct access to the John T. Ford Society membership liaison to buy or exchange theatre tickets, reserve museum tickets and answer questions
- Recognition in the Annual Report, production programs and on the Ford’s Theatre website
- Advance invitation to purchase tickets to Ford's Theatre presidential gala weekend
- Advance notice of all performances, programs and public events at Ford’s Theatre
- Individual Friends of Ford’s Theatre gift membership to share with a friend or loved one
- Six passes to acclaimed living history play One Destiny
- Limited-edition Ford’s Theatre calendar
- Concession vouchers to enjoy a complimentary drink or snack at Ford’s performances
- 10% discount at Ford's gift shops
- Reserved seating at member events
- Subscription to bi-annual printed newsletter and monthly e-news
With an annual gift of $1,000 to $2,499, you will enjoy all of the benefits above, plus:
- Invitation to attend one VIP Opening Night event and post-show reception with the cast
- Invitation to two dress rehearsals
- Invitation to the annual John T. Ford Society Reception hosted by the Director
With an annual gift of $2,500 to $4,999, you will enjoy all of the benfits of the Patron Level, plus:
- Invitation to attend the VIP Opening Night performance and post-show reception with the cast for a second production
- Customizable private tour of the theatre, museum, Petersen House and/or Center for Education and Leadership for up to ten guests
- Invitation to one exclusive group event, such as a technical tour, exhibition tour or behind-the-scenes tour
With an annual gift of $5,000 or more, you will enjoy all of the benefits of the Visionary Level, plus:
- Invitation to attend one of the events during the annual Ford's Theatre gala weekend (subject to availability)
- Invitation to attend the VIP Opening Night performance and post-show reception with the cast for a third production
- Ability to exchange VIP Opening Night tickets for a different performance of the same show
See the John T. Ford Society Brochure.
Pay by Mail
If you prefer not to join or renew online, you can also mail a check or credit card payment. Please send the response form and payment to Attn: Membership, Ford's Theatre Society, 514 Tenth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004. Click here to download a membership form.
Double your impact, double your benefits! Many companies match donations, including membership dues. Your membership benefits will be automatically upgraded to the level of your gift plus the matching contribution. Click here for more information.
You can join the John T. Ford Society for as little as $83.33 per month by committing to a recurring gift. Membership dues can be paid monthly or quarterly. On the online donation form, enter the amount of each installment under "Other Amount" and choose the frequency of your gift, or call us at (202) 434-9545 for assistance. Click here to join now.
The tax deductible portion of your membership is the gift amount less the Fair Market Value (FMV) of benefits provided. The FMV of benefits at the Luminary level is $575, the FMV of the Visionary level is $375 and the FMV of the Patron level is $200.
Photo of Ford's Theatre by Maxwell MacKenzie.