Investigation: Detective McDevittMarch-OctoberLearn more
A walking tour that explores the Lincoln assassination conspiracy.
Remembering LincolnAn online collection of digital responses to the assassination.Learn more
Guided Tour of Ford’s TheatreTake an intimate, guided tour of the historic Ford’s Theatre. Select Sundays.Learn morePhoto by Maxwell MacKenzie.
Online ExhibitionsView interactive exhibitions about the assassination and history of Ford’s.Learn morePhoto by Maxwell MacKenzie.
- Plan a visit to the Ford's Theatre campus, which includes the museum, theatre, Petersen House and Center for Education and Leadership.
- Ford's Theatre produces plays and musicals reflecting America's rich cultural heritage.
- Enjoy a special event with our artists or an author reading by a renowned Lincoln scholar.
- One Destiny
Spring and Summer
Learn about Lincoln’s assassination from two men who were there. Actor Harry Hawk and Ford’s Theatre co-owner Harry Ford revisit the events of April 14, 1865.
Investigation: Detective McDevitt
Take a walking tour of downtown Washington led by an actor dressed as a Civil War character.
- The Guard
Sept. 25-Oct. 18
In this world-premiere comedic drama, playwright Jessica Dickey paints shimmering portraits of Rembrandt, Homer and those who protect the art we cherish.
- President Abraham Lincoln presided over four years of civil war. Learn about his remarkable presidency, his assassination and its dramatic aftermath.
- Learn the history behind the historic Ford's Theatre building.
- Ford's Theatre offers learning opportunities for students and teachers, as well as online interactive resources.